- You will work as an Apprentice IT Support Officer. You will be required to complete a 15 month training programme delivered by Digital Native that will cover all aspects of the role and will be delivered through frequent remote sessions with lots of distance learning activities in between sessions
- Day release will be required for the End Point Assessment, gateway preparation and assessment activities
- The Engineering Science IT team (IT@Eng) provides a wide range of computing and network support, delivering and supporting IT equipment, specialist software, services and networking supporting in support of the teaching and research activities of the Department
- Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, you will help provide excellent support to academic, student and administrative users of IT
- A key aspect of the role is staffing the service desk, our users’ primary point of contact with the IT Team, ensuring that through good communication, effective processes, procedures, and excellent documentation we help the Department get the best value from our IT
- You will be primarily providing support to the staff, researchers and students in our buildings in the centre of Oxford. Although the role is based in the city, there may be an occasional requirement to provide support to one or more of our satellite sites
- Covid-19 continues to influence the operations of the IT Team. By following Government and University guidance, the procedures we have in place allow us to continue supporting the Department both remotely and onsite. Our working practices are reviewed regularly to ensure they continue to follow current guidelines
Oppotunity to gain further qualifications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately on the telephone, in person and via email
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship (for example through work experience, qualifications or references)
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Experience of Apple equipment or Linux operating systems
- Educated to GCSE standard Minimum 5 GCSE's Grade A-C (4-9) including (English Language and Maths grade 4 or above) or equivalent
Training will be provided to support you to complete the Level 3 Digital Support Technician as well as developing additional skills required for the role and your professional development.