What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support wider Team Old Oak and partner end users’ use of the Office 365 environment
- Support project SharePoint and Teams
- Provide triage for system incidents and requests and liaise with relevant support organisations as required
- Support Joiners and Leavers
- Assist with office infrastructure day to day maintenance
- Engage with the business and user communities to provide guidance and advice
- Assisting with Team Old Oak staff IT induction and training
- Ensuring meeting rooms on site are set up and working for users across Team Old Oak
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme at level 3, the typical duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following completion of your apprenticeship you will be consider for progression to higher levels, opportunity dependant.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 9 -4 or equivalent) Essential