There are a number of routine daily tasks that the apprentice will be asked to complete, this can vary from:
- Ensuring all copiers are functioning
- Checking IT suites
- Dealing with enquiries from students and/or parents regarding access to a variety of IT systems
- Generally acting as a first point of contact for the IT department
In amongst this the apprentice will be trained to respond to and deal with a plethora of different of situations that can occur on daily basis.
These can range from:
- Adjusting a projector
- Routine replacement of hardware or cables
- Helping individual staff or students with any issues they may have
Where the apprentice is unable complete a request, they are expected to swiftly escalate the situation to the Senior Technician or Network Manager.
As we work in a school environment it is the responsibility of every employee to occasionally perform basic pastoral duties (corridor duties or marshalling of students)
- Someone who has a true passion for technology
- Someone who feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Someone with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone with experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Someone with a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Someone who love helping others and enjoy working with people of all ages
- Someone who is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Someone with the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- True passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths.
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module