What will the apprentice be doing?
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools.
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Assisted site visits to schools alongside field technicians, to support with issue resolutions
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
Support Technician Duties:
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras.
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Comprehensive introductory modules including technical introduction and personal/ professional development
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard
- Training for all pathways of your IT career (support technician, network technician, digital communications technician)
- Specialising in a portfolio of evidence for the Support Technician pathway
- e-learning training materials
- Bi-weekly virtual classroom training on the CompTIA vendor qualifications
- Access to uCertify training platform; core learning materials, assessments, and practical hands-on-labs
- Monthly work-based coaches visits and competency checks
- 9 am – 5 pm Support desk for technical support
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your networking career. On passing your Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain professional recognition for the Register of IT Technician (RITTech).
We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired