- Triage service requests and IT Incidents ensuring tickets have the correct information prior to being resourced
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT ServiceDesk incidents within the required SLAs
- Build, maintain and deploy workstations and laptops for UK Staff
- Managing users, workstations, and groups in an Active Directory Infrastructure
- Install software for business users when requested
- Administer Microsoft Office365 systems including Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint
- Assist the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues
- Ensure first line processes are correct and kept up to date
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- Solihull location, modern offices with great amenities
- Flexible environment (can work from home on occasion)
- Good remuneration package
- High levels of autonomy
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and technologies
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for IT to join an expanding business and grow alongside it.
- The client provides 25 days holiday per year (pro-rata to start date). The holiday year runs from 1 Jan to 21 Dec. Plus all employees are entitled to a “You Day” once they complete probation.
Salary is dependent on experience.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Eager to learn with a passion for IT and technical skills
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with rapidly developing opportunities
- Able to work both independently and global support environment
- The successful candidate will need to have a willingness to learn and gain experience within an IT Infrastructure environment.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D/3 or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.