What will the apprentice be doing?
The IT Apprentice role is to support the Regional IT Manager and Senior IT Technician with the day-to-day support and management of the ICT systems at the Academy.
The role is also part of the wider Creative Education Academies Trust ICT support team and as such, some support may be required at the local CET primary academies and possibly other CET academies. The newly appointed IT Apprentice will report to the Senior IT Technician.
- To ensure that incidents and requests for the Academy are prioritised accordingly and are documented within the ICT Helpdesk system.
- To ensure that all incidents and requests for the Academy are logged appropriately on the ICT help desk system.
- Maintain regular communications with the appropriate staff until incident resolution.
- Monitor progress of all incidents and requests for the Academy against Service Level targets and respond promptly to staff requests for updates or resolution as appropriate.
- Escalate any incidents to the appropriate team as necessary and work with the IT Support team, 3rd party support providers, and other stakeholders to resolution.
- Identify, resolve and/or document workarounds for desktop related problems.
- Image, deploy and manage Desktops, Laptops and other endpoints and devices.
- Provide high-quality technical support and advice to the Academy.
- Test and install new software, ensuring licensing compliance.
- To carry out routine maintenance and repair of computer and audio-visual equipment, including replacement of consumables and cleaning.
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, whiteboards, projectors, touchscreens and ensure that this hardware is tested and prepared for use when required.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Regional IT Manager, Senior IT Technician or the Academy Principal.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer ongoing development tracks
Reality CheckBenefits: - Onsite car parking, - Annual Holiday allowance of 25 days.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Knowledge of Child Protection, Knowledge of Cloud systems
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential