What will the apprentice be doing?
As an advocate of Customer Service excellence, you will act as a referral point for dealing with complex or technical customer requests, issues, complaints, and queries. Working alongside experienced IT professionals you will be mentored and trained in the use of various IT systems and software packages. Your duties will include:
- Diagnosing & resolving software, hardware and networking incidents
- Recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
- Learning how to use a range of IT support tools
- providing excellent customer service when speaking to internal and external customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will gain hands-on experience in a large organisation, whilst studying towards your nationally recognised qualification - Cusomter Service Practitioner L2 Standard qualification, with 20% time out of the workplace for study, training and assessments. Your training will be a via a blended learning approach, with face to face visits in your wokplace, on-line group workshops on a monthly basis and hands on training within the workplace providing you with all you require to be successful. You will be given one day a week to complete your training.
The training you will be completing as part of the Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship standard includes:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We cannot guarantee a permanent position following the completion of the apprenticeship, but we have an excellent track record of keeping our successful apprentices in the organisation. This apprenticeship is a great opportunity to gain a range of IT /Customer Service skills and gain experience of working for a large, and busy, IT service.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade Grade C /4 or above) Desired