Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client, based in Stratford-upon-Avon were founded in 1991 and are an IT services and solutions provider to organisations across the UK and Europe.
We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
The primary role is to help customers resolve any problems or incidents reported via email and telephone, and includes:
- Becoming a valued part of the Technical Support team
- Managing calls and liaising with customers and suppliers
- Recording all their requests in the internal tracking system
- Handling incidents reported by users and when needed addressing them or escalating within the department
- Following up incident solving and updating documentation
- Informing users through alerts and communication
- Remote installation of computer and network hardware and software
- Assist with day to day running of the department
- Setting up of broadband equipment and broadband fault diagnosis
- Setup of computer hardware to customers requirements
- Daily / weekly checks
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
- You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn't afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Training ProvidedCORE MODULES The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available. Computer Fundamentals & Security Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting. Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols. Communication in Support Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.