Key Corporate Accountabilities:
- To actively promote the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Diversity Strategy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place
- To maintain awareness of and commitment to the School’s Equal Opportunity Policies in relation to both employment and service delivery
- To fully comply with the Health and safety at Work Act 1974 etc., the School’s Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work
- At the discretion of the Head Teacher, such other activities may from time to time be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives and targets
- To participate in Employee Development schemes and Performance Management and contribute to the identification of own team development needs
- Oversee and manage requests for IT resources and equipment to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- Manage and support users
- Carry out basic maintenance and repairs of IT and AV equipment, under the guidance of a member of the network team
- Manage the retrieval, distribution, disposal and storage of IT and AV equipment.
- Perform basic software updates, installations etc.
- Ensure that IT and AV equipment is checked, cleaned, inventoried and any damage or issues are logged and reported to the school’s network manager (or the trust network manager)
- Learn from the other network staff within the trust and work towards an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 qualification
- Assist in the setup and preparation for in-school training and events; such as open evenings, assemblies, presentations, examinations and training courses held within the school
- Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the schools Network Manager and Trust Network Manager
Possible full-time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Someone who has a clear interest and passion in pursuing a career within IT support
- Have good communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Friendly and personable nature
- Keen to be part of a team / also able to work solo
• 5 GCSE’s 4-9 including Maths and English at grade C/4 or equivalent or above.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services