The Role is to develop the skills to perform Service Desk Support role, that provides a front-line service to customers to deliver IT support within the managed services team. The role will be varied and provide opportunity to assist and or deliver internal and customer projects.
- Day-to-day frontline IT support up to 2nd line for end users providing first contact fix where possible
- Systems Administration of cloud technologies such as O365, operating systems and server-based applications
- Basic Network Administration Skills
- Logging incidents and service requests from customers received via telephone, email and customer portal through ITSM tool and process accordingly
- Provide excellent Client Communication & Customer Services Standards
- Perform Project duties such as device builds, IT moves and assist with installations which can range from IT cabling, desktop installations and server-datacentre installs
The clients team is working on the forefront of technology with significant interesting projects which utilise the latest Microsoft products available.
Candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skills, gain accreditations and gain experience supporting solutions based on these products.
Longer term opportunity for the right candidate work within the dedicated Infrastructure Team, specialise in a technology and go on into consultancy roles.
Travel to customer locations could be required as part of ongoing development.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Basic Windows 10 skills
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
- Basic Understanding of computer components
- The candidate should have a keen interest in IT and technology
- The correct attitude and aptitude to develop current skills for new and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated with ability to work as part of a team
- Good customer service skills
- Keen focus on attention to detail with good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive working attitude and work ethic
- Good time-management
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.