- Answering telephone calls
- Taking details of client's problem/requirement
- Asking relevant questions to get additional detail
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Logging enquiry details onto call logging system
- Shadowing technicians both in the company’s workshop and on client premises
- Utilising inactive periods to further their studies
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A passion for technology
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 7-4/A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and maths (or equivalents) at grade C/4 or above.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services