We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
Shadowing tech support
- Providing 1st line technical support to customers
- Infrastructure set up and maintenance
- Server management
- Password creation and management
- Remoting to employers systems
- Managing email problems
- Setting up office 365
- Migrating data and emails
- Explaining things to non-technical customers
- Setting up hardware / fixing hardware
- Desktop support for windows applications
- Desktop support for customer applications
- Setting up servers and maintaining
- Set up of desktop computers and maintaining
- Installing network cabling
- Setting up 3CX phones and extensions
- Setting up and maintaining various printers
- Supporting MS 365 and exchange for the customer
- Installing and administering wi-fi
- Installing and maintaining door access systems
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
We aim to have an apprentice who would like to grow with the company and progress in their career.
Due to the location of this employer, please consider your travel when applying.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- A passion for IT
- An eagerness to learn
- Team player
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn't afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Training ProvidedYou will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.