IT Apprentice - 19355
CENTRAL SUPPORT TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation, with opportunities for progression and training.
During your time with us, you will gain experience within our Hardware department, IT Helpdesk and Managed Services team.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Identify and prioritise each job together with the ability to troubleshoot using detailed technical procedures
- Engage in face to face training and online assignments to help support the apprenticeship programme
- Dealing with Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic
- Process as required
- Supporting colleagues
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You should be familiar with Windows, Antivirus, Backup, Exchange / Office 365. – [Further training will be provided]
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous - routers, switches, firewalls, VPN's, TCP/IP, networking and troubleshooting
- Experience of supporting customers by telephone / remotely
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- You will be expected to be smart and presentable, with good communication skills, both on the phone and in person
- If you hold a driving licence, this will be a bonus though not essential
- Experience in retail, or on a help - desk is desirable but not necessary as their will be training on the job
- Having Microsoft and Network qualifications are also desirable
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude
- A commitment to learning new skills
5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade A*-C/9-4, including maths & English.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.