IT Apprentice - 18578
Main role and responsibilities:
- Answering the technical support line calls
- Logging all client issues on our call management system
- Installation of new EPOS hardware including, data cabling if appropriate
- Installation and deployment of systems using correct and documented procedures
- Provide EPOS operational standard advice - via telephone, modem, best practice and/or training
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to join the business as a permanent member of staff or progress onto a more advanced qualification.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good knowledge of Windows OS
- Experience with changing/upgrading computer hardware
- Strong communication/customer services
- Attention to detail
- Having a driving licence would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Eager to learn
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team
To be eligible for this apprenticeship you should have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4, including English and maths.
- Infrastructure technician standard (Level 3)
- Functional Skills if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.