REMIT GROUP LIMITED
This is a fantastic long term opportunity to join a leading supplier with a worldwide presence at a crucial time; they're constantly growing and are now looking to expand their IT support team where the successful apprentice will be based at their Manchester offices.
The successful apprentice will have the opportunity to assist both the IT and IT support teams to deliver a reliable, cost-effective, and professional service.
Candidates will need to ensure the security and integrity of ArcelorMittals' data and overall aid in the implementation of group IT support policies.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Learn how to add new users to the systems; this includes password resets across all systems and hardware as well as the unlocking of users accounts
- Assist the team with the roll-out of new hardware - such as PCs, fixed telephones, and mobiles
- Help with rudimentary network tasks, such as patching and simple diagnosis
- Learn about first level diagnosis and attempt to fix issues
- Support the team with the management of consumables
- Have the chance to learn about group systems
- Assist users in writing reports - predominantly using Microsoft Excel
- Develop with the writing and updating of IT procedures
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as Functional Skills in English & maths, if required.
The company are also offering the possibility of a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship and to develop in either an IT/ IS Specialist or IT/IS Management position.
Candidates applying for this role should note that the employer prefers applicants to have a driving licence and mobility - there may be a need to travel to other ArcelorMittal sites such as Birmingham, Scunthorpe, Birkenhead, Wolverhampton and Newport when required.
- A base understanding of the fundamentals in IT
- Customer service skills or an understanding of them is essential
- Time management
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of English and Maths
- Friendly and personable
- Good communication skills
- Time management
You need to have at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 including English, Maths, and ICT.
If you also have any other GCSEs or A Levels (or equivalents) this is advantageous.
The apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business, and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in todays IT and telecoms job roles.
The technical content includes a choice of units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications, and Databases.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Level 3 includes:
- Level 3 IT Professional Competence Diploma
- Level 3 ICT Systems and Principles Diploma
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.