Boldmere Computer shop
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
This is an amazing opportunity that has arisen for an individual to join a continuous and expanding business within our client's workshop in Sutton Coldfield. If you have a passion for IT, with a forward-thinking mindset and the desire to progress throughout your career, this role may be the one for you!
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting with remote and telephone support to both business and home users
- Support with the repair and upgrading of Windows based PC's and laptops
- Help with the repairing of some Apple based products
- Learn about the removal of viruses, Windows repairs and how to solve Windows 10 issues
- Aim to solve Microsoft Office 365 issues including version 2019 and older
- Develop to eventually work on Business Networks and 365
- Support with printer problems - including hardware issues and connectivity problems
- Aim to check that customers backups have been reinstalled following the replacement of hard drives
- Learn how to complete notes on the companies CRM and learn how to liaise with customers at all levels
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3.
- A good foundation of IT is essential but most important is the willingness to want to learn
- A good level of English - tickets have to be generated and sent to customers - good spelling and grammar are essential
- The ability to work on own initiative is essential
- The ability to prioritise tickets and workload
- A driving licence and own car would be preferable as some external calls would be necessary
- A desire to improve personal knowledge
- Needs to show competence
- Has to be confident and polite at all times when dealing with customers on the phone and face to face
- Flexible & adaptable - you will work with a whole range of clients with different requirements in a fast-changing environment
- Resilient - a client may become irate that their systems are down, therefore it is crucial that you don’t get flustered
You'll need at least a minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A* to C/9 to 4 - including maths, English and ICT (or equivalent qualifications).
The apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business, and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in todays IT and telecoms job roles.
The technical content includes a choice of units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications, and Databases.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Level 3 includes:
- Level 3 IT Professional Competence Diploma
- Level 3 ICT Systems and Principles Diploma
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.