CAMBRIDGE MERIDIAN ACADEMIES TRUST
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Are you passionate about technology and the internet? Do you want to get some real-world experience creating websites and providing IT services?
If you answered YES to the above, then this apprenticeship opportunity is for you!
You would be providing a professional, customer focused service and support to help assist the staff and students across the Academy Trust. You would be working within a tight knit IT Support team where you will work with the IT help desk system to report issues, undertake general admin tasks and support the staff and students in their everyday use of IT equipment.
A typical day would vary from:
- Helping to provide 1st line support to all CMAT customers
- Learning and solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues
- Dealing with some administrative support, including filing, word processing and reprographics work and data input
- Have the opportunity to liaise with students, families and staff on behalf of CMAT
- Develop and help to set up new machines, swapping faulty laptops and editing user accounts
- Helping to installing and configuring software, including installing computers in new IT suites
- Help by configuring network devices
- Have the chance to respond to urgent IT issues around the site
- Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy
You would not be limited to the following above, but the role will consist of the statements made.
This is the perfect time to start in your IT career with The Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust.
- As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2
- The company are also offering a full, long term position of employment with them upon successful completion of the Level 3
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will need some basic technical knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn lots more
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
- A professional manner is required at all times
- The demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Problem solving techniques
- Flexible and pro-active attitude towards work
- The successful candidate will need to be technically minded
- A problem solver and be able to work independently as well as within a team
- Very good understanding of IT
- A quick learner of new introduced technologies
- An overall team player
- Self-motivated and independent
- Wanting to gain experience in all areas of a start-up
- To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs graded A/C or 8/4 or above, including English and maths or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents
The apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT and Telecoms job roles.
The technical content includes a choice of units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and Databases.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Level 3 includes:
- Level 3 IT Professional Competence Diploma
- Level 3 ICT Systems and Principles Diploma
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT at Level 2
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.