CAMBRIDGE MERIDIAN ACADEMIES TRUST
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the Nene Park Academies IT Support team to help assist the staff and students across the Academy Trust providing a professional, customer focused service and support. You'll be based on the front desk where you will work with the IT help desk system to report issues, undertake general admin tasks.
This role covers a wide variety of IT areas from local and remote user issues, networking and cloud service queries. The successful Apprentices' role will be to work with the others in the team to support the staff and students in the everyday use of IT equipment.
Duties would include:
- Helping to provide 1st line support to all CMAT customers
- Learning and solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues
- Dealing with some administrative support, including filing, word processing and reprographics work and data input
- Have the opportunity to liaise with students, families and staff on behalf of CMAT
- Develop and help to set up new machines, swapping faulty laptops and editing user accounts
- Helping to installing and configuring software, including installing computers in new IT suites
- Help by configuring network devices
- Have the chance to respond to urgent IT issues around the site
- Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills in a new environment with enterprise level equipment. They will be able to take on further responsibilities as they become more experienced and qualified across the Trust.
The position is initially offered as a temporary contract until the apprenticeship course ends. If the successful candidate performs well and develops to a satisfactory standard during this time, the contract may be extended or made permanent.
This role may involve lifting of computers and computer equipment so a reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
The successful candidate must be able to travel to the Stamford site on a daily basis and must be well presented. You will need to be an enthusiastic and motivational person who is not afraid to do whatever is needed to get the job done.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will need some basic technical knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn lots more
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
- A professional manner is required at all times
- The demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Problem solving techniques
- Flexible and pro-active attitude towards work
- The successful candidate will need to be technically minded
- A problem solver and be able to work independently as well as within a team
- You will need to have a firm grasp of the English language
- A quick learner of new introduced technologies
- An overall team player
- Self-motivated and independent
- Wanting to gain experience in all areas of a start-up IT Business
To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs graded A-C/7-4 or above, including English and maths or the equivalents.
The apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT and Telecoms job roles.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Level 3 includes:
- Level 3 IT Professional Competence Diploma
- Level 3 ICT Systems and Principles Diploma
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT L2
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.