What will the apprentice be doing?
- Technical setup and configuration of smart and mobile vehicle camera technologies
- Supporting projects and product development via bench testing and commissioning systems
- Internal testing for software bugs and hardware faults
- Assisting managers to ensure that services and systems are operational and maintained to the highest level
- Accurately updating and inputting data onto databases and stock control systems
- Assisting with planning and installation of mobile CCTV equipment for customers and recording assets in accordance with policies and procedures
- Providing technical assistance and logging / completing support tickets through our Freshdesk IT ticketing system
- Completing / assisting tasks put forward by various departments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and Powershell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Meeting deadlines
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential