IT Administrator Apprentice - 19018
1ST LOCATE (UK) LIMITED
The apprentice IT Administrator will be given exposure to our server infrastructure and other technologies such as VMware, Veeam, Office 365 and Exchange Online.
A successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to attend external training courses to improve their IT knowledge and skillset.
- Developing back and front-end tools
- Providing Helpdesk support to internal colleagues
- Using a ticket system and sticking to SLA’s
- VOIP Telephony installation and maintenance
- Network maintenance, upgrades and repairs when needed using hardware and software tools
- Working on cabling tasks ensuring H&S policies are adhered to
- Perform regular diagnostic work on the company network using tools provided
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Demonstrate clear and confident communication skills at all levels
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about IT and self-development
- Self-motivated and methodical with a positive attitude, as well as working well as part of a team
- Attention to detail plays a key part in this role
- The ability to discuss technical issues will people of varying technical ability
- It is essential you can resolve issues in a friendly and calm manner
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C/9-4 in any subject, plus GCSE English and maths (or equivalents) at grade C/4 or above.
Infrastructure technician level 3 standard
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.