Solution Consultants ICT Limited are a growing IT managed service provider (MSP) who support over 300 clients with our IT & Telecoms services, along with providing guidance, consultancy and IT project support.
We have a great opportunity for the right individual to join our growing IT support team as a 1ST Line support executive who is currently looking for an apprenticeship.
Reporting to our IT Manager, you will be working with the technical team in delivering excellent IT support and service to our clients, helping to ensure both individual and team SLA's are met.
This role comprises the following key objectives:
- Respond to customer calls and tickets on a daily basis, resolving them within SLA and keeping the customer updated at all times.
- Visit customer sites when necessary to carry out site surveys, installs and resolve faults
- Present SolCo professionally at all times, ensuring our customers experience is always a positive one
- Respond to all assigned customer tickets within SLA, make and receive calls to customers, update the necessary internal CRM/ticket system and supplier systems where necessary
- Keep customers informed on progress of tickets
- Escalate business critical issues
- Contact suppliers where necessary to escalate issues, and update internal system with supplier responses
- Where necessary, order/provision/configure new services for customers
- Ensure all IT support customers are fully monitored at all times
- Speak to potential new clients with the sales team where required
- Arrange and take ownership of customer projects where appropriate
- Maintain a good understanding at all times of SolCo’s product set, and take ownership of improving knowledge
What we are looking for:
Strong knowledge of support and troubleshooting for Windows Server 2012/16/19 including:
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- File / Print service
- Windows desktop troubleshooting skills (Windows 7/8/10/11)
- Microsoft 365 configuration, installation, and support
- SharePoint set-up and site migration
- Exchange (M365) administration and migration
- Hyper-V / Virtualisation
- Physical to cloud server migration
- Hardware repairs/ troubleshooting / installation
- Experience of working with a service desk ticketing system
As well as:
- Experience in a prior IT Service Desk role, able to work to agreed deadlines, be methodical & organised and have excellent time management and attention to detail.
- A great personality/attitude, attention to detail and the ability to work under varying levels of workload as the service desk can be unpredictable.
Desirable, but not essential technical skills / experience to have are:
- Experience of Microsoft Azure
- Experience of Acronis backup solutions
- Experience of Vade
- Experience of e-mail migration tools
- Microsoft Teams and Teams voice calling
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
The standard working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm, (40hrs a week).
You will also be required to work on client sites and from home.
Occasional overtime is available and offered on a voluntary basis.
- Dress down all days in the office - we supply branded clothing for site visits
- Regular drinks after work
- Quarterly incentives like Go Karting, Bowls, Paintballing, restaurants and takeaways are available most weeks.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.