What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be installing, maintaining,
and repairing electrical systems. Duties will include:
· Provide excellent customer service
· Maintain a professional look by following the
company dress code
· Produce inspection and test certificates for
· Produce Risk assessment and Method statement for
every job, send to office
· Ensure the quality of work is carried out to the
highest possible standard
· Ensure completion of all work in compliance with
18th edition wiring regulations
· Carry out all works safely and in line with KRA
Brown working standard and H&S regulations
· Provide encouragement to colleagues and promote
an excellent team work culture
· Maintain 100% college attendance
· Successfully complete and pass all college exams
to the highest grade possible
- Successfully complete college portfolio to the highest standard.
· Check Inspection dates for Steps, ladders, harnesses and other equipment – report issues.
· Check Calibration dates of meters and condition of GS38 test leads – report issues.
· Ensure PPE is well maintained, use wash facilities provided.
· Produce KRA Brown paperwork daily and send to the office by 12pm each Monday.
· Any other reasonable requests from the board of directors and management team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
· Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Services
· Dedicated training at a college or training centre
· Day/Block release depends on college selected
· On-site, work-based assessments
· AM2s assessment of competence
· Functional skills if required for Level 2 English and Level 2 Maths
· Apprenticeship starts from sign up date
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The advertised apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages.
After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business.
Reality CheckKRA Bown provides high calibre Industrial Electrical services to the Aggregate, Asphalt and Concrete Industries. We provide a one-stop-shop to our customers covering all electrical works from design, Panel Building, Installation and Maintenance, Plant Calibration and 24/7 Breakdown Response. Please create a JTL Applicant account or logon and take the assessments. You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of your CV to your JTL profile. You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A-C or 1-9) Desired