- Provide a helpful professional first line support service to customers
- Perform predefined daily/weekly/monthly maintenance checks and tasks
- Log all service requests against the customer account in our Help Desk System
- Progress to resolution or escalation all outstanding service requests
- Perform required analysis and research to successfully resolve service requests
- Keep the customer informed at all times about the status or progress of their request
- Check and respond to alerts reported by our Monitoring System
- Maintain network documentation for customer networks in our Help Desk System
- Liaise with external technology vendors as required to resolve service requests
- Help develop and document procedures and check lists to improve our internal operations
- Identify areas for improvement in our operations and customer service
- Perform other duties as required to support the business
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Excellent communications skills and a good telephone manner
- A passion for technology and customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
Desirable experience: [in the following applications/operating systems:]
- Windows Server
- Windows 10 Pro
- Office 365
- Microsoft Office Word/Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint
- Network Hardware, Antivirus, Antimalware and Backup Solutions
Working towards / interest it:
- Working towards CompTIA A+ and Network+
- Working towards Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.