- Providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for hardware and software support in a mixed Windows/Mac environment for Head Office, Distribution Centre and Contact Centre
- Providing a high level of customer focus to White Stuff ‘end users’
- Prioritizing and resolving assigned calls within IT Service Desk and managing your own workloads
- Supporting and configuring Windows 10, Office 365, Active Directory, MS Server 2012 +, telephony
- Experience managing and configuring group policy
- Software configuration and installation
- Providing shop system support (EPOS), therefore Retail experience is desirable
- Hardware Maintenance of laptops, desktop PCs, printers, telephony and AV equipment
- Maintenance of hardware and software inventories
- Following IT support processes and procedures
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement fixes for recurring issues
- Contribute to the delivery of technology projects
Possibility of full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to build relationships within the team and work on own initiative when required
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience working in a Service Desk team, ideally from within a Retail organization
- Applicants must have excellent analytical skills, the ability to work to deadlines and to take a task from design through to implementation and documentation
- Relevant technical knowledge as described above
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.