• Answering and directing incoming tech calls from home & business clients
• Logging calls into our ticketing system
• Calling clients and providing updates
• Remotely connecting to clients computers and assisting with problems
• Monitoring the health of client computers using our tools
• Monitoring the backup system is working correctly
• Monitoring the antivirus is working correctly
• 20% of the day – Apprenticeship learning
- Possibility of full time employment.
- QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing personality
- Confident answering the telephone and dealing with telephone enquiries
- Passionate about helping others with their IT problems
- Some previous experience relating to this role – e.g. helping family, built own computer conducted own learning in a key topic etc.
• Be serious about a career on a front line IT Help Desk
- A minimum of 5 A-C grade GCSE’s, as well as a D or above including English and maths.
- We need really good English skills – Reading, Writing and Spoken.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.