Duties to include:
- To install new software and hardware
- To secure security codes and ensure the safe set up of new equipment
- To set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly
- To work with the ICT service to detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and device faults
- To provide advice, guidance and assistance to teachers, pupils and other members of staff on developing their use of ICT in school
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Friendly and approachable
- Keen interest in IT
- Proactive, problem solver and analytical thinker
- No contra-indications in personal background or criminal record indicating unsuitability to work with children/young people/vulnerable clients/finance (An enhanced DBS check is required).
Grade 4/C in maths GCSE or equivalent.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician
- Functional Skills if required