Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
GOOGLE UK LIMITED
JUST I.T. TRAINING LIMITED
As an apprentice at Google, you will be part of a program that aims to provide the skills you need to become an Infrastructure Technician professional. You will join a team at Google and will be assigned a manager for the duration of your 15-month apprenticeship. You will start in October 2020 with our training provider Just IT, for initial training which is part of the 20% off-the-job training included in the program. After completing your initial training, you will rotate between being onsite at Google and training with Just IT throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
While onsite, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers (yes, that’s people working at Google!) to solve real life problems. You will get exposure to different roles across the company, including IT Support and Audio-Visual Engineering. You will learn how to apply problem solving skills to real life challenges; pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platforms, data gathering and analysis, learn about remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies and other industry practices.
We will equip you with everything you need to know to support our users. You will receive specialized training in networking, infrastructure and multi-platform system administration, and you will develop further skills through direct experience in communication technology (video and voice), hardware, mobile device support and project management.
Google aspires to be an organisation that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
KEY DUTIES –
- Offer direct and remote support for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices across multiple operating systems - ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Provide basic corporate network infrastructure and server troubleshooting for Google’s internal resources and applications
- Undertake training and follow mentoring as specified
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Teamwork skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Passion for technology, demonstrated through personal projects
- Commitment to learning new skills
- Have authorization to work in the United Kingdom
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Excellent customer service capabilities
To be an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 - 4 (including English & maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience. A B grade at A-Level or equivalent qualification in one or more subjects is also required.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
You will receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.