Primary duties will be as first line support with on the job training in providing technical help in line with the school’s IT support service.
Your main duties will include:
- Support pupils and staff in the appropriate use of IT
- Desktop & Application Support – Connect, set up and check PCs
- Perform basic PC hardware repairs and upgrades
- Management of laptops/devices for teachers and other staff
- Maintain inventory of the school’s IT systems
- Follow relevant H&S procedure's
- Server & Network Support
IT team leader.
The school is located in the Surrey Hills on the outskirts of the village of Effingham in an area with little or no public transport links, therefore own transport is essential. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
- Minimum age of 18 for insurance purposes
- A reliable and trustworthy person is required for this key position within the School
- A flexible and willing attitude is essential for the successful applicant
- Polite and courteous, calm and patient under pressure, able to show initiative, highly motivated
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Must be presentable
- Proven IT related experience and knowledge, but training will be given
- Maths and English GCSE Level 9-4 or Grade C and above or equivalent
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship course training
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required