Infrastructure Technician Apprentice (Level 3) - Advanced (Level 3)
Lawrence David Ltd
Peterborough Regional College
First line support role with in the internal IT department primarily providing the service desk function to internal users as well as other fundamental tasks within the IT department. This will involve taking calls, logging tickets into the ticket management system and dealing with walk-ins.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting users
- Building/troubleshooting computer hardware
- Supporting software and mobile phone devices
- Maintaining stock level of hardware devices and toners for MFD's
- Overview of Anti-Virus, Network monitoring and Backup solution
The above role will be based at the head office in Peterborough but will include supporting multiple sites within Peterborough and the surrounding area therefor some travel may be required.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT technicians confirming SFIA Level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent attention to detail
- Achieving key training objectives
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Keen to learn
- Excellent timekeeper
- Works well as part of a team as well as on initiative
- Follow safe working procedures, take pride in work
Maths & English GCSE at Grade 4/C, equivalent or above - desirable.
Infrastructure technician standard
- Level 2 English and maths
- Eligibility to join the Register of IT Technicians Confirming SFIA Level 3
- Professional Competence
- Achievement of 5 Ofqual Regulated Knowledge Modules or Vendor/Professional Qualifications
- An Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Qualification Graded at: Pass, Merit or Distinction
Attendance at College will be required.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.