Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - 19422
The Morley Academy Students' Aid Fund
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate IT individual to start their IT career at Ruth Gorse Academies Trust whilst undertaking an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship through QA.
- Each Technician will take individual ownership of their hub's helpdesk. This will involve a mixture of Primary Schools and Secondary Schools.
- You will be the first point of contact, supporting end users with assistance for desktops, tablets, internet, Wi-Fi etc…
- Part of the duties of the Technician will be to oversee computer usage at lunchtimes and other sessions out of normal class teaching periods, the person appointed would be expected to have a working knowledge of the main MS Office programs and have an understanding of Windows networking environments.
- The Technician will help administrative staff in their use of SIMS software and MS Office applications and the Technician will be help and support other users of the network including Macintosh computers and other ICT related facilities.
- The Technician will provide support for teaching staff where required including support of use with classroom computers and ICT devices and be able to follow orders from the senior technician and network manager.
- The Technician post will involve the cleaning upkeep and maintenance of machines throughout the school on a regular basis, including the excavation of old equipment.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance and updating of equipment throughout the summer. This may include moving equipment from one academy to another.
- The Technician will liaise with suppliers whilst querying new equipment and providing insight as to which equipment is suitable for which academy.
- The Technician will also be responsible for supporting and maintaining the printer facilities around the school and ordering consumables as required.
- The Technician will be expected to help and assist staff and pupils with ICT problems as and when they occur including assisting with password resets etc…
- The Technician will assist in the installation and maintenance of software on the systems.
- The Technician will administer the needs of IT provision in the /Learning Resources Centre and other departmental locations around the school.
- The Technician will be responsible for the installation and removal of projectors, laptops and AV equipment when required in departmental locations.
- The Technician will assist in the development of the schools inter and intranet sites.
- The apprentice will be responsible for Ad hoc day to day academy requirements such as helping students top up their catering accounts and ensuring accounts have been created for parents and students.
- Assisting in facilitating CPD days, setting up all of equipment. This may also include assisting in the preparation of academy assembly’s and similar events.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a growing trust and become an integral part of their busy IT department. If you have a passion for IT and wish to gain first-hand experience whilst working towards an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship, then this is the opportunity for you. The Gorse Academies Trust have proven experience in assisting the development of apprentices from entry level roles through to fully qualified technicians. If this is a career path you wish to follow, do not hesitate in applying today.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for IT and a desire to build a career within the IT sector
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions but also work off own initiative
- Ability to hold a conversation with both senior members of staff as well as students
- In order to be eligible for this position, the chosen candidate must possess a passion for IT, a willingness to learn and have the drive to become a successful part of a busy IT team
- Theoretical experience of IT at GCSE/A level
- The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's A-C including maths and English
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.