This is a brilliant long term opportunity for a technically minded individual to join a company who have big plans for the future!
The purpose of this role will be to assist and provide support to the company on all areas of IT Support, including maintenance, networking, IT Security and more!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documenting processes
- Understanding of binary to decimal
- Understanding of MAC and Windows systems
- Liux admin
- Networking routers
- Supporting with the phone systems
- Printer maintenance
- IT security
- Router configuration
- Network cabling
- Understanding of electronics/system wiring
- Supporting the Systems Administrator with all aspects of IT support
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Observe all safety regulations and use equipment/PPE provided
- Follow and adhere to all SOPs (where appropriate to the role)
- Report any near miss, incident or accident through the appropriate channel
- Raise issues / concerns regarding health and safety through line management / H&S representatives
- Take ownership for both your own and other's health and safety
Full time position available to the right candidate that is able to show and demonstrate the right skills and attributes.
Company are currently in the process of moving site so the role needs to be advertised as being based in Congleton and the address is Varey Road, Eaton Bank Trading Estate, Congleton CW12 1HD
- Knowledge or understanding in IT, troubleshooting, maintenance and more would be beneficial Looking to have IT as a long term career
- Adhere to all quality control systems in place to ensure maximum efficiency as well as optimum quality Ensure that all processes are continually reviewed and updated to promote a culture of continual improvement
- Ensure product quality/service provided consistently meets & exceeds customer specifications (this being both external customers and internal customers depending upon job role)
- Demonstrate respect for all colleagues in all interactions and communications both electronically and face to face
- To take responsibility for own personal development and update knowledge and skills, with support from Fine DÃ©cor, to perform the role at an effective level
- To undertake such training as is deemed necessary to improve personal performance and knowledge
- Understand the key aspects of the business plan and the specific KPI's of the department
- To implement positively and ensure compliance with, the Fine DÃ©cor's policies, procedures, codes of practice and initiatives relating to Equality and Diversity, Customer Service, Risk Management, Health and Safety, Data protection and Information Technology and Financial Regulations
- To take responsibility for own wellbeing and safeguarding in the duties to be carried out for this post To provide the highest quality services incorporating best standards and practice, promoting Fine DÃ©cor to its customers
- Taking ownership and responsibility to respond to complaints positively and professionally (as appropriate to role)
- To ensure that maximum use is made of information technology systems and associated equipment in the provision of efficient and effective services
- To perform any other duties not specifically identified in the job description but which are in line with the general responsibilities of the post
At least 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C/4 or above, including maths and English.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues, and the organisation's productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification.