The Remit Group are Recruiting on behalf of Synergy a fast paced moving forward business that specalise in providing IT support and services in and around the Sheffield area.
We are looking for:
- Technically skilled candidates
- With good problem-solving abilities
The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues. They are required to listen to customers technical needs, understand their problems and implement solutions.
A typical day could consist of:
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
- Installing and configuring Windows Server environments
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the program. You, along with your employer, may decide to progress into a full-time position with the business or progress onto a Level 4 Apprenticeship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Passion for IT
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding customer service
To be considered, you must have at least 5 GCSEs graded A/C or 8/4 or above, including English and maths or the Functional Skills/Key Skills equivalents.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)