Do you enjoy working with technology? Want the chance to learn and earn with an Apprenticeship?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a computer and technically literate individual who'll have the chance to get involved in providing 1st Line Help-desk Technical Support to Personic Computers' external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems, via the phone, email or onsite.
- Aim to provide technical support, answering support queries either via phone, emails or on-site
- Learn how to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Develop on how to take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Log all calls in Autotask and maintain full documentation
- Learn how to respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Aim to maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support other users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Learn how to allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support members
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English and maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing course and objectives).
Having the following knowledge or experiences is beneficial but isn't overall necessary:
- Able to escalate IT Issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Responsible for managing backups
- Experience or base knowledge of diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Passion for providing desktop and server support
- Knowledge of Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Able to ensure security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Experience or knowledge with Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault finding to laptops and desktops
- Confidence in reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and as part of a team providing high quality, customer-focused services
- Able to complete tasks on time and within established parameters
- Ability to work in a professional, respectful manner with those who are content experts, but not technical experts
- Self-motivated with plenty of initiative
- Keen to learn and hardworking
- Ambitious to always do better
You need to have at least 5 GCSE's grade A/C or 9/4 including English, Maths and ICT or the equivalent.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity.
Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)MTA Network Fundamentals / CompTIA A+ / CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)