What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing support to the Chief Information Security Officer and the rest of the Information Security team to enable the development and maturation of our Information Security function
- Helping to define, produce and deliver information security awareness interventions that educate the wider organisation on key security risks and best practices
- Researching information security awareness techniques and best practices, providing findings that feed into our awareness strategy
- Managing our reporting and governance processes, helping to ensure that senior leaders have an up-to-date view of risk and operational performance
- Supporting the identification and management of information security vulnerabilities, ensuring they are processed in accordance with the latest Information Security Risk Management process
- Researching and actively exploring proactive information security tools and techniques
- Reviewing documentation from a security standpoint including architecture, design and commercial outputs
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and remediate risks as required
- Performing risk assessments to evaluate whether third party suppliers, projects and operational activities are in line with security best practices
- Supporting the wider team of Information Security specialists with project reviews, third party reviews, policy management and operational security processes
- Producing high quality written documentation to support the wider team of Information Security specialists
- Organising stakeholder engagement sessions and managing interactions with the team
- Identifying and documenting security requirements
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- A Bachelors degree in Cyber Security
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To progress to an Information Security Awareness Manager
Skills RequiredProblem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential