£175.00 - £315.00 per week.
Duties will include:
- Receive instruction and supervised on-the-job training and undertake directed learning
- Provide supervised off-site customer support and instruction - in person, and via phone, email and remote desktop access: Answer phones
- Diagnose hardware faults, and perform hardware repairs and upgrades
- Resolve software issues; Backup and restore, and recover corrupt, deleted and lost data
- Install, update and configure operating systems, software and security packages, and peripherals on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms
- Assist with network installations, configuration and management: routers, switches, and firewalls, NAS etc: make up ethernet cables
We hope and expect that the candidate will wish to stay with us, and continue to develop and progress their career with the business. Our last apprentice is now a Partner!
- A grounding in IT and computing
- A competency in standard applications: Microsoft Office, basic image editing
- Some fundamental physics/electronics
- The capacity to rapidly assimilate new technologies and systems
- An aptitude for effective communication, and engaging with clients
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- A good understanding of contemporary web and social media applications; some experience in web-development, preferably WordPress
- A desire to excel and commitment to exceed expectations
- A well-mannered and sociable demeanour
- Tidy and organised
- Logical and methodical
- Thorough, patient and detail-conscious
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a "can do" attitude
- An eye for design
- Genuinely interested, enquiring and eager to learn
5 GCSEs, including maths, English Language at grade C/4 (or equivalent) Preferably Computer Science (and, ideally, Physics).
The Information Communications Technician makes their contribution through the application of infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
An Information Communications Technician (ICT) provides support to internal and/or external customers, by using tools or systems to problem solve and trouble-shoot routine and non-routine problems. This occupation supports clients/customers with their systems. They achieve this through monitoring and maintaining the systems and/or platforms to maximise productivity and user experience.
The pathway within this Apprenticeship is for a Support Technician.
As a result, you will achieve:
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)