Main duties include:
- Engine and generator maintenance, rebuild and overhaul
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical and control panel faults, providing solutions and carrying out repairs
- Delivery of competent and professional technical support to customers and end users
- Carry out commissioning and testing activity on new and modified equipment
Opportunity of a full time position at one of our dealerships
Block release study programme at Volvo Penta Training Academy is required. Apprentices will be studying at Stephenson College, Coaville, Leicestershire. All travel and accommodation are paid for by your dealership.
A little about the Volvo Penta Training Academy:
Based at Stephensons College in Coalville, Leicestershire, the fully equipped workshops allow you to work on the latest Volvo Penta engines, drivelines and propulsion systems with the most up to date equipment and tools.
Both the marine and industrial industries are constantly changing and we are committed to giving you an innovative training programme that keeps up with them. That is why your lectures always have the latest knowledge on our products to enhance your training experience.
Whilst on residential training at the academy, you will also have access to various facilities including two campus restaurants, a fully equipped fitness suite with stations of Technogym equipment and on-site hairdressers. You will become part of a vibrant student life where you will have many opportunities to meet new people and make friends.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Hard working
GCSE Grade 4/C in maths, English and Science (are desirable) or the equivalent qualfications
Land-Based Service Engineer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills maths & English (if applicable)
- Block Release at Volvo Penta Training Academy, Stephenson Campus at SMB Group