IMI Truflo Marine - Quality Engineer Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
Truflo Marine Ltd
EEF Apprentices and Skills
The Engineering/Quality Apprentice, in coordination with the Engineering and Quality Teams, will assist in ensuring on-going control and maintenance of the Truflo quality system to ensure components are manufactured, assembled and tested in line with customer, company and statutory standards providing a high-quality service to both internal and external customers.
You will also assist, support and learn the Engineering function within the company, and with supervision, undertake engineering work such as revisions, drawing and design work whilst training.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Participating in cross functional teams, under supervision of the Engineering and Quality Managers
- Ensuring continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers
- Supporting the implementation of KPI’s to monitor performance internally, and externally
- Using Lean methodologies at all times within the working area and with problem solving
- Assisting in the revisions to and drawing of technical design drawings. Maintaining accurate records within the Quality system and EFACs
- Assisting in the inspection of product and material
- Carrying out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
There is the opportunity of a permanent full-time position within the quality engineering team on completion of your apprenticeship along with progression for the right person.
- Problem solving skills and taking the accountability for implementing and delivering results
- Good understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing is desirable but not essential
- Able to produce timely work where required
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Practical knowledge of machining, assembly, engineering or quality is desirable but not essential
- Understanding of lean principles is desired but not essential
With hugely ambitious projects, new technology and shared processes at your fingertips, you might just surprise yourself. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals that are motivated, committed and keen to learn. Self-starters that can manage their time, show initiative and of course, have a genuine interest in engineering or business. Join us today and find out what you’re capable of.
3 GCSE’s, or equivalent, A*-C (9-4) grade (including Mathematics and English Language).
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
- In house training in line with your requirements.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.