IMI Truflo Marine, part of the IMI Critical Engineering Division within IMI Plc, has been a specialist in the design and manufacture of high integrity valves, actuators and pressure reducing stations for critical nuclear and naval marine applications for over 50 years.
IMI Truflo Marine are seeking to employ and train 1 Manufacturing (CNC Setter Operator) Apprentice to be part of the Company’s exciting future development and growth plan. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing/engineering within a lean production environment; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment within our manufacturing, maintenance and quality teams.
IMI plc, the specialist engineering company, designs, manufactures and services highly engineered products that control the precise movement of fluids. IMI employs some 11,000 people, has manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries and operates a global service network. As a company that strives to create new solutions and provide an unrivalled level of service to our customers, we are passionate about our people. They hold the keys to our ongoing growth and success and that’s why we do everything we can to nurture them at work. We’re very proud of the people we’ve bought into the business and helped to develop. There are so many exceptional individuals making IMI what it is today.
Our programme allows you to ‘learn while you earn’, receiving professional training while you gain your qualifications. As your independence grows, you’ll be able to actively apply your knowledge with hands-on work, contributing to the IMI Truflo Marine’s performance. With combined support from experienced IMI colleagues and Make UK, you’ll be prepared for an exciting career. You will take part in a ‘block’ release training programme, and you’ll be a paid, full time member of the IMI team.
When you embark on an Apprenticeship with IMI, whether it is in engineering or business, you can be sure of one thing, absolutely anything can happen. That’s because we work on a global scale on critical projects in the Naval Marine and Nuclear market, developing technology that enhances lives.
With hugely ambitious projects, new technology and shared processes at your fingertips, you might just surprise yourself. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals that are motivated, committed and keen to learn. Self-starters that can manage their time, show initiative and of course, have a genuine interest in engineering or business. Join us today and find out what you’re capable of.
Duties will include but no be limited to:
- Participating in cross functional teams, under supervision of the Production Manager Setting and operating a machine and/or machine tools within the manufacturer’s recommendations, checking the fluid levels regularly and reporting any faults as soon as reasonable to Production and Maintenance Departments aiming for minimum disruption
- Machining a variety of components in different batch quantities within required standards and tolerances
- Ensuring all machines and machine tools are effectively operated to an acceptable level of performance
- Using Lean methodologies within the working area and ensuring machinery and work areas are cleaned and maintained
- Reading and interpretation of manufacturing, CNC programs and customer drawings
- Use of measuring equipment e.g. CMM/Vernier/micrometres
- Maintaining accurate records including the in-house Seiki and EFACs system
- Carrying out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
- Once qualified you will become a CNC Setter and programmer
We know you aim high. You want to do great things and fulfil your potential. And we believe that's exactly what you should be aiming for. Because you should be the future of our business. The IMI Apprenticeship programme is a great platform for your career development, in engineering and business. The future is within your control. Helping our customers to tackle the world's most demanding engineering challenges, you'll be helping to build your career. Where performance is critical we provide the solution & from the precision flow technologies that mass transit systems reply on, to critical flow technologies across the oil and gas, petrochemical, industrial automation, life science industries, Naval Marine and Nuclear industries to the flow control systems that deliver energy efficient heating and cooling in buildings around the world. As your knowledge, skills and commitment develop, you'll find you're critical to the success of these solutions and many more. And, with manufacturing facilities now in over 20 countries and customers in many more, we're able to offer more opportunities for growth as an IMI Apprentice than ever before.
- Problem solving skills and taking the accountability for implementing and delivering results
- Good understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing is desirable but not essential
- Able to produce timely work where required
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to build good relationships within the Company and externally
- Practical knowledge of machining, assembly, engineering and quality is desirable but not essential
- Understanding of lean principles is desired but not essential
- Able to work quickly and methodically with a compliance driven mindset
- Determined to overcome unexpected obstacles to get to the right solution
- Collaborative and a good team player
- Delivers on promises, do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it
- Acts with integrity – deliver on promises, inspires trust, builds credibility and follows responsible business practices at all times, always prepared to do the right thing
- Delivers results – create momentum and pace to drive results
- Works well under pressure and engages at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally
- Able to follow instructions and to concentrate whilst carrying out repetitive tasks
- Willing to obtain security clearance
- GCSE’s A*-C (9-4) grade (including mathematics and English Language)
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)