Typical Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting up Active Directory accounts
- Fault finding
- Resolving incoming helpdesk tickets
- 1st line support, escalating issues as required
- Face to face support for staff and students
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and Ripon Grammar School.
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may decide to progress into a full-time position with the business or progress onto a level 4 apprenticeship.
- Confidence and communication skills
- Experience of working with hardware, such as building computers
- Good attention to detail
- Passionate about IT, with a basic understanding of troubleshooting
- Mature attitude with a good work ethic
- Grade 4/C GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics
Infrastructure technician Level 3
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.