- Provide 1st level support for all business systems.
- To provide fantastic customer service during all aspects of technical support for Victoria School.
- Provide support for related technical systems including printers, access control, mobile phones, audio visual equipment etc.
Main Responsibilities [on which you will be trained:]
- Being friendly, patient and helpful in all dealings with end users' technical requirements.
- Keeping the service desk tickets up-to-date.
- Respond to IT incidents, problems and requests resolving them in line with agreed levels of service and to the user’s satisfaction recording all information as required by local IT processes.
- Support users in using standard office systems and other software in use across the organisation.
- Set up, maintain and remove user accounts, file sharing and mailboxes as required and in line with audit and security policies and procedures.
- Install software, download and apply updates and patches in line with agreed policy and procedures.
- Install and configure desktop hardware and build/configure/install in line with procedures.
- Configure and support mobile devices, including phones, smartphones and laptops.
- Develop knowledge of specific aspects of Livability systems.
- Support continuous improvement of Victoria School services, systems and processes through improved quality management and documentation.
- To carry out additional duties and tasks that may be required within the range of the responsibilities of the post.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
We are looking for someone with:
- A strong customer service orientated mind set.
- A desire to learn, qualify, and build a career in the IT industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus.
- Drive and determination.
- Desire to develop personal skills and knowledge to keep abreast of current technology.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow process.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work on own and as part of the team.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- You will need to be familiar with Windows 10 and have a basic knowledge of computers and using the internet.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.