Supporting the IT Network Manager Microsoft in the following areas:
- Windows Server administration, including managing access and permission rights
- Network & Firewall configuration, including VLAN
- Google exchange administration
- Hardware support - Switches/Routers
- Software Support, including keeping all software up to date
- Formulation and implementation of backup recovery plans
- Technical support for staff and pupils
- Phone system
- Management of supplies and orders (inks)
- Keeping asset log
- Updating ID cards
- Create new user accounts, amend permissions, and reset network and applications passwords
- Maintaining and monitoring printers
- To meet all learning commitments of the apprenticeship as directed by your line manager, the Apprenticeships
- Manager or the learning/training provider. Assigned qualifications and an endpoint assessment must be completed. This can include presentations, portfolios, units of assessment and exams.
- Carry out duties and any ad hoc requests that come from the Senior Leadership Team, with accuracy and professionalism.
- A certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside normal working hours is required for this role. Willing to be hands-on and has a can-do attitude
Future ProspectsFull-time employment
- Understanding of schools desirable
- Organisational Skills- The ability to manage your own workload and to work to team and project deadlines.
- Good Communication Skills- Building good relationships is fundamental to the delivery of services.
- Teamwork and Cooperation- The ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a supportive work environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility- Apprentices work in fluid, fast-paced & exciting environments. These skills are vital to responding to situations in the workplace.
You’ll need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician