- Answering phone calls and emails relating to support queries
- Work through tickets that have been assigned and support the IT support team with queries
- Updating internal systems - Accurate updates on tickets and other systems to help you and others in the workplace
- Customer site visits for IT set up and maintenance tasks
- Time keeping - Arrive at the office or customer site in plenty of time to start work promptly, if booked on remote work be ready to start on time, ability to manage your own time in accordance with the work set
- Own Calendar - Check calendar in plenty of time to know what the following week has in store
The apprentice will be considered as a real team member and they will be able to make a real impact in the company growth in terms of IT. After completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be offered a permanent position if we are the right fit for each other.
- Good communicator
- Good timekeeper
- Good customer service skills
- Good understanding of hardware and software
- Good telephone manner
- Smartly dressed
- Works well on own as well as in a team
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.