Quilter PLC is here to help create prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow. This means helping you plan and manage your investments so you can lead the life you want for you and your family.
Your financial needs will change as your life evolves, so our products and services are built to adapt with you.
Whether you’re looking for financial advice, somewhere to invest your money, online services to help you monitor your investments, or a combination of all of these, you can trust Quilter to help you prosper.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Level 3 IT Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship.
The IT Care Technician provides day-to-day IT end-user services and support to the business. As a key point of contact for the business, you will provide support to assist in resolving IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions, and end user satisfaction.
This role is an exciting entry point into our Group Technology Solutions IT Service Operations department and will enable you to work within a fast-paced environment alongside our experts with exposure to our technologies and key Service Management disciplines.
- Provides support to assist in resolving IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions and customer focus.
- Fulfils IT Service Requests in line with customer expectations, owning assigned requests through to satisfactory resolution and closure.
- Supports IT equipment installations and changes.
- Captures and records appropriate and relevant technical information within the Service Management toolset.
- Builds, configures and sets up equipment for new starters and employees, ensuring access is managed securely.
- Provides IT onboarding for new starters.
- Provides IT education, training, awareness and support when rolling out equipment to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and supports IT technical issues through to resolution.
- Drives quality through effective testing in all aspects of support from request provisioning, Access Management and technical equipment build.
- Maintains an active presence with end-users identifying and resolving IT issues.
- Identifies trends and take proactive steps to eliminate future demand through seeking opportunities to improve service.
- Providing VIP support to business Exec, CoSec and Stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
- Experience in identifying trends, as well as fulfilling requests against user expectations
- You will have demonstrable experience of influencing business and IT stakeholders at all levels, powered by your excellent communication skills [highly beneficial]
- Ideally the candidate will have a basic understanding of the ITIL framework or have experience working in an ITIL environment.
- You may also have knowledge of ITSM tools (Service Now) [although this is not essential]
- You will be self-motivated and results focused
- Someone who takes the initiative to drive disciplined delivery of objectives, with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships
As well as:
- Positive attitude
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Good communication skills
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
£18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Possibility of full-time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.