What will the apprentice be doing?
This role is an exciting entry point into our Group Technology Solutions IT Service Operations department and will enable you to work within a fast-paced environment alongside our experts with exposure to our technologies and key Service Management disciplines.
- Provides support to assist in resolving IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions and customer focus.
- Fulfils IT Service Requests in line with customer expectations, owning assigned requests through to satisfactory resolution and closure.
- Supports IT equipment installations and changes.
- Captures and records appropriate and relevant technical information within the Service Management toolset.
- Builds, configures and sets up equipment for new starters and employees, ensuring access is managed securely.
- Provides IT onboarding for new starters.
- Provides IT education, training, awareness and support when rolling out equipment to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and supports IT technical issues through to resolution.
- Drives quality through effective testing in all aspects of support from request provisioning, Access Management and technical equipment build.
- Maintains an active presence with end-users identifying and resolving IT issues.
- Identifies trends and take proactive steps to eliminate future demand through seeking opportunities to improve service.
- Providing VIP support to business Exec, CoSec and Stakeholders.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full-time employment.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential