MobileWorxs supply companies across the UK and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) with Rugged Tablet computers and other products that enable businesses to improve process accuracy and control.
The support apprentice will be trained and developed to acquire and demonstrate a high level of knowledge about the use and application of their product portfolio.
Key tasks involve:
- Product Specialist: Product/equipment involvement both pre and post sales. Acquiring knowledge about the range of IT equipment sold by MobileWorxs, answering customer’s queries, checking equipment before sending to customers
- Product Support: Manage the Helpdesk tasks where clients’ raise problems with their hardware, escalate by liaising with the repair centre, and resolve client issues
- Logistics: Become involved in stock management and shipping tasks around specific projects
Opportunity to work alongside experienced IT professionals and grow and develop with a successful IT company.
Salary will be reviewed after 3 months.
The successful candidate will need to provide 2 references, one of which should be a current/previous employer or recent place of education, plus someone who knows them personally (not a family member).
The post is subject to a 3 month probationary period subject to a satisfactory review at the end of the probationary period.
Preferred - Full UK driving licence/Passport.
Must be willing to travel if required.
Must be willing to occasionally work out of hours.
In order to be successful, you must have an understanding of IT hardware and systems. Any previous IT work experience is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task between projects
You must be able to demonstrate the below:
Essential – Understanding and Skills:
- Desktop Office Applications – Excel, Word, Email
- Computer hardware and software
- Clear verbal and written communication
- A strong interest in computer hardware desktop and mobile
- The Right to Work in the UK
Desirable – Understanding & Skills:
- Windows/Android/iOS Operating Systems
- Wi-Fi Bluetooth and Cellular communications
- Experience in software development and/or website design
- Database principles
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a small team
- Capable of speaking to people on the phone and communicating via email and Web conference
- Must be self-motivated and happy working to a deadline
- A willingness to learn and adapt
- Have an interest in learning about new areas of IT and customer support
- Minimum of 4 X GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths
Information Communication Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Qualification together with onsite training by the employer
- For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be eighteen months plus 4 months End point assessment stage)
- There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship
Knowledge areas include:
- Hardware and Networking
- Software and Security
- ICT Administration