- To perform first/second line support, including problem recognition and resolution, accurately recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system
- To provide end user technical support and advice to all users of varying skill levels
- To perform installations, maintenance, upgrades and repairs as necessary to all ICT hardware, including; Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Wireless Devices, Interactive Whiteboards/Projectors, iPad’s, CCTV and phone systems
- To assist in maintaining the smooth running of the network infrastructure by monitoring and troubleshooting; Servers, (Physical and Virtual), Network Switches, Remote Access Systems, Anti-Virus Management, Internet Filtering, Backup Systems, Safeguarding systems, CAT 5E/6 and Fibre connections
- To help maintain and troubleshoot all variants of software and solutions used throughout the MAC including; Windows 10, Windows Server and MS Azure
- To provide technical assistance for all school examinations and assessments requiring ICT support
- To help manage the IT asset inventory and software licence register
- To assist in the creation, maintenance and development of technical documentation
- To create user guides/training material for staff and students where necessary
- To ensure audio visual setups are prepared for School Assemblies/Presentations/Events as necessary
- To aid with the filming and photography (including editing) of school events as required
- To work with staff, embracing new technologies and improving the use of current technology
- To participate in IT related projects under the direction and guidance of the ICT Strategic Lead
There will be the opportunity for a permanent position with the company upon completion of the Apprenticeship.
Please ensure that you can get to the company's premises on a daily basis. Please ensure that you have read and understood the job specification thoroughly. Please ensure that you are available via the contact details you have supplied, as TDM will contact you if we are interested in your application.
Please be aware that you will be required to attend at least two interviews, the first of which will be with TDM Apprentices and are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- A good knowledge of general IT, with a sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Software and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to think logically and have good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of both PC hardware and software
- An understanding of networking and configuration
- Good practical skills
We are looking for a confident individual who:
- Is passionate
- Is professional
- Is motivated
- Has a keen attention to detail
- Is trustworthy
You will be educated to GCSE level, including English and maths at Grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) and an IT qualification would be an advantage.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice qualification together with on site training by the employer.
For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be eighteen months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship.
Knowledge Modules include:
- KM1 Networking and Architecture
- KM2 Mobile and Operating Systems
- KM3 Cloud Services
- KM4 Coding and Logic
- KM5 Business Process
- MTA Networking