West Mercia Police provides a quality policing service, protecting people from harm.
We are visible and open to all, inspiring everyone to take pride in and feel ownership of their service.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work flexibly within the Technical Support Team or Solutions Delivery Team, contributing to an efficient and effective ICT Service, ensuring a quality end to end ICT Service to West Mercia Police.
- Assist in providing a high level of technical support (relevant to role level) across West Mercia Police, both to internal customers and to external customers.
- Contribute to innovative solutions in order to ensure the department is offering the best level of service in terms of services and equipment.
This includes working on the network, hardware and software in support of the delivery of all agreed ICT services.
Main Responsibilities: [will be to:]
- Provide a first level technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- Work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
- Work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective & efficient seamless service provision, as required by the level of the role.
- Provide any required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist with the creation of new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
- Support the diagnosis of faults within technical systems and take appropriate action, escalate (as per appropriate level) ensuring proper recording, investigation and identification.
- Maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
- Assist with the technical support operation and control of the ICT infrastructure required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the alliance (as per skill level requires).
- Become familiar with and support the aims and objectives of the team, department, contributing to the overall vison of the directorate and organisation.
- Take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working as part of a team in a customer service environment
- Experience of problem solving
- Experience of Microsoft Products and other relevant IT packages
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to remain calm and controlled, while working to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to consider new ICT innovations
- Demonstrable flexible approach to work, high level of self-motivation
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand the technical aspects of any new ICT technologies
All post holders are expected to know, understand and act within the ethics and values of the Police Service. These nationally recognised behaviours and values are set out in the Competency and Values Framework (CVF).
The CVF has six competencies that are clustered into three groups:
- Resolute, compassionate and committed
- Inclusive, enabling and visionary leadership
- Intelligent, creative and informed policing
Under each competency there are three levels that show what the behaviours will look like in practice.
- This role requires the post holder to be operating at or working towards Level 1 of the CVF.
- Candidates must be willing to undergo routine vetting to NPPV3 standard.
- Employees maybe subject to drink and drug screening.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
- Sports club
- 24 days annual leave
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, there may be the opportunity for a permanent role within the organisation and further progression.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.