What will the apprentice be doing?
· Providing 1st/2nd line technical support, answering support queries via the ticketing system, email, and telephone.
· Primarily supporting customers remotely but occasionally working at the customer's premises when required.
· Respond to requests for technical assistance and service requests, resolve issues and keep customers informed of progress.
· Build, test, and configure new equipment to order specifications
· Carry out client system checks, and report to managers where necessary.
· Continue to develop skills and knowledge relevant to the supported systems.
· Carry out instructions given by managers in line with business requirements.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Your training takes place away from your usual location of work and in one of NowSkills' city centre training venues. If this isn't convenient to you then NowSkills also provide live online, on-demand online and 1:1 with your subject specialist digital tutor that you will have assigned to you.
Upon successful completion you will receive certification of your Level 3 ICT standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full-time IT positions within the business.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade Level 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4) Essential