What will the apprentice be doing?
The ICT apprentice will have a range of duties in their own area assisted by an officer. They are expected to work both with supervision and independently. The ICT Apprentice will
be involved in resolving routine ICT issues and contributing to new programmes and projects.
1. Support a user base of 1000 end users via telephone, call logging system and e-mails, with some onsite work.
2. Office 365 console administration.
3. Problem solving and workflow management.
4. Set up and configuration of Smartphone devices. Ensuring users can get emails on the device, can use the Office apps and can use the mobile as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
5. Cabling and connectivity and Mobile One Time Password (MOTP) console administration.
6. Active Directory administration: create new user accounts, amend permissions, and reset network and applications passwords.
7. Perform various stock check requests as advised by senior’s requests.
8. Meet and greet our user base. Perform scheduled appointments and tasks.
9. To meet all learning commitments of the apprenticeship as directed by your line manager, the
apprenticeships manager or the learning/training provider. Assigned qualifications and an end point assessment must be completed. This can include presentations, portfolios, units of assessment and exams.
10. The Apprentice will carry out their duties and any ad hoc requests that come from the Senior or Officers, with accuracy and professionalism.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information Communications Technician Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ongoing development and support.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential