Hytera - Engineering Technician / Technical Services Apprentice Level 3
Hytera Communications Ltd
Harrow and Uxbridge College
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our technical services team based in Slough. This position offers the opportunity to work with advanced digital radio communication test sets, IFR, IP networks and associated technologies (e.g. Tier III, DMR, GSM/3-5G/LTE, GPS, Bluetooth etc.) and equipment (spectrum and network analysers, air interface diagnostic/logging tools etc.).
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services and working alongside a talented team of qualified engineers and technicians, the successful candidate will responsible for:
- Supporting customer configurations through basic radio programming and customer programming software (CPS)
- Electronic fault finding and diagnostics of repairs
- Upgrading radio firmware
- Processing terminal licences
- Controlling distribution of demonstration equipment
- Supporting the RMA portal and maintaining the smooth running of the customer interface
- Supporting the team with large and complex orders
- Providing technical support on products to our customers
- Holiday cover for the spares controller
The ideal person will be proactive and willing to learn new skills in order to become an integral member of the team. They will have a strong work ethic, good time management skills and the ability to problem solve. Strong communication skills are also a must, as this role will directly interact with our customers.
Technical Services Engineer Bench Technician Customer Support Engineer Technical Sales and Support Engineer
You must be able to get to the workplace in Slough
- Being able to follow instructions.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being methodical and organised.
- Having good concentration.
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
Mandatory GCSE at C grade or Levels 4/5 in maths & English
Engineering Technician level 3 standard
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.